Carpet Cleaning Tips Utica NY
Just the basics
- Carpets should be vacuumed at least once a week and more frequently in high traffic areas. Vacuuming more often will prolong the life of your carpet. The more dirt and grime that is in your carpets the more wear and tear will happen as they rip apart the carpet fibers. Every two weeks you should take out your crevice tool and clean next to baseboards and in hard to reach places.
- The best way to vacuum your wall-to-wall carpet is to break it up in sections. Vacuum the entire section before moving on to the next.
- Don’t hurry, be happy (see what I did there). When vacuuming your carpet don’t be in a hurry to get it done. You should go over each section several times moving slowly to allow your vacuum to get all the grime out.
- Spend extra time on high traffic areas, like in front of the door or where people sit and place their feet. It is best to use a crisscross pattern when doing these areas using an overlapping stroke.
- There are soil retardants that can be applied to newly steam cleaned carpets. It is best to have a professional apply these. They have specialized equipment and training for proper application. If you are going to do it yourself make sure to follow the manufacturers’ guidelines using the proper equipment.
- Lastly to remove odors from the carpet sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and let it sit for half an hour before vacuuming. You can also use the baking soda as a guide to make sure you vacuum the entire floor.